We have all been anxiously awaiting to hear who the newest team member on the Kimkins “Dream Team” will be, ever since the Kimkins Class Action Lawsuit Attorney, John Tiedt, announced that they would be adding a bankruptcy litigator to the line up.
From John Tiedt today:
I am proud to announce that I have retained Scott Clarkson of Clarkson, Gore & Marsella.
Scott C. Clarkson – Attorney at Law
Born in Houston, Texas; admitted to the Virginia State Bar in 1982, the District of Columbia Bar in 1987, and the California State Bar in 1989. Admitted to the United States Supreme Court, all State and Federal Courts in California, Virginia and the District of Columbia; Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated.
Education: Indiana University (B.A. 1979); George Mason University School of Law (J.D., 1982); Articles Editor, George Mason Law Review. Law Clerk to U.S. District Judge William L. Hungate, Eastern Division of Missouri, 1982.
- Immediate past chair (2005-2007), Los Angeles County Bar Association Bankruptcy Law Committee
- Current vice chair, Executive Committee of Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Former Local Bankruptcy Rules Committee Chair Los Angeles County Bar Association Bankruptcy Law Committee
- Guest Lecturer, UCLA School of Law, Seminar in Corporation Reorganization
- LACBA Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Executive Section Legislative Chair
- Former Director of Los Angeles Bankruptcy Forum
- Member, South Bay Bar Association
- Member, Financial Lawyers Conference
- Member, American Bar Association
- Former Member of Advisory Board to Norton’s Annual Survey of Bankruptcy Law
- Former Legislative Director for U.S. Congressman Harold L. Volkmer, United States House of Representatives, assigned to House Judiciary Committee’s redrafting of the Federal Bankruptcy Code, 1977-79
- Bankruptcy Trustee, the District of Columbia and Eastern Virginia, 1979-82
- Author: “Representing Creditors in Individual and Small Business Chapter 11 Cases”, Personal and Small Business Bankruptcy Practice in California, California Continuing Education of the Bar, 2003-2007.
- Author: “More About the Bankruptcy Act of 1978”, American Bar Association Journal, May 1979
- Author: “A Legislative History of the Bankruptcy Court System”, Annual Survey of Bankruptcy Law, Emory University, 1979.
- Coauthor: “Private Relief Legislation in the United States Congress”, West Federal Practice Manual, 1980; “The New RCRA: Legislative Mandates, Regulatory Resources”, Vol.1, No. 6, Hazardous Substances Journal, April 1986.
- Editor: “The Legislative History of Hazardous and Solid Waste Amendments of 1984”, Institute for Law and Public Health Protection, November, 1985; “The Legislative History of the Superfund Amendments of 1986”, Institute of Law and Public Health Protection, April 1987.
With those impressive credentials, it looks like Kimmer’s Divorce Attorney, Mr. Peabody, has his work cut out for him. Wouldn’t you agree?